Who We Are?
Was born as Enrique Martí Coll Foundation, then in 2007 he changed his name to Scuba Dogs Society (SDS). Scuba Dogs Society is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to environmental protection in Puerto Rico since 1993. Since its inception our work has penetrated deep into Puerto Rican culture achieving a favorable behavior change in our community. Through action, we educate and commit the community to preserve our clean and healthy natural resources.
Scuba Dogs Society, recognized as one of the leading conservation organizations in Puerto Rico, has established guidelines and internal policies to maintain high standards of integrity and transparency. We have financial statements compiled and / or audited in compliance with state and federal laws.
Model a culture of harmony with nature to educate and integrate human beings with their social-ecological environment.
The human being in perfect harmony with nature.
- Environmental Quality Award as the environmental organization of the year by the Environmental Protection Agency of the United States (EPA), 2010.
- Recognized as the organization with the largest number of volunteers in Puerto Rico by the Center for the Development of Volunteers, 2010 and 2011.
- Atkins Foundation Award 2011
- US Coral Reef Task Force, Public Awareness and Education Award, 2011.
- Amgen Excellence in Volunteering Award, 2012
- Puerto Rican Minds in Action MPA, recognition in the Change Agent Retention and Retention Program, 2013
- Puerto Rican Unesco, Unesco Center for Culture, distinction for educational work in favor of the environment and culture in general, 2014 SDS is a member of coalitions and international programs such as: Award Natural Choice, Environmental Organization 2010 by Natural Awakenings magazine.